Disenchanting Azeroth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted)

4 posters

Go down

Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted) Empty Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted)

Post  Selkate Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted) 6996471163_71e02dbede
Khongorzul front by Speed Buggy, on Flickr

Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted) 6983452571_2f4453cc32
Khongorzul side by Speed Buggy, on Flickr

Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted) 6996471073_600bfc8284
Khongorzul back by Speed Buggy, on Flickr

So this started off with the sword, Massacre Sword of the ___, not to be confused with plain old Massacre Sword. Another weapon I decided I liked so much I was going to give to one of my characters. I quickly decided Warmaul/Warlord’s would look nice with it without being too similar to Dvorah’s set. Between both sets I had the complete outfit, so I just took them down. I’m not 100% happy with the shoulders. They might be too black for my needs.

Anyway this was going to be Dvorah’s retribution set.
Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted) 6996471475_d7d6c09896
Dvorah ret by Speed Buggy, on Flickr

Then I got another Massacre Sword and decided it would be nice to have a fury warrior who could dual wield them (for some reason Mogit won’t let me show her doing that). I was also missing two major professions, jewelry crafting and alchemy.

So I rolled myself a warrior. I decided on troll simply because I like the lore and my troll warlock could use a little sister. I find it interesting how the look changes from blood elf to troll. I didn’t like her arms bare, so I added a shirt.

This outfit is the one out of all of them that I’m least attached to. There was no progression or discoveries like Dvorah, Folami, or even Khongorzul’s arms outfit. I’m thinking of replacing the shoulders or cloak. Marra, if you have any suggestions that would be great.

Anyway, sometimes the struggle makes the outfit. With Dvorah I waited about two weeks for that Conqueror’s Chestplate to arrive on the auction house and in the mean time I came across items I didn’t even know I wanted. With Folami, while that was pieced together more quickly, I had to match various tricky colors. So while being a transmog seller made this outfit possible, it also made it more disposable. I’m happier with Khongorzul’s arms outfit, which interestingly enough has a story similar to this one.

Head: Helm Of Infinite Visions
Shoulders: Warmaul Epaulets
Wrists: Warmaul Vambraces
Hands: Warlord’s Iron Gauntlets
Chest: Warlord’s Iron Breastplate
Waist: Warmaul Belt
Legs: Warmaul Legplates
Feet: Warmaul Greaves
Cloak: Crimson Silk Cloak
Shirt: Scarlet Filigreed Doublet
Weapon: Massacre Sword
Weapon: Massacre Sword (not shown)

Selkate
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted) Empty Re: Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted)

Post  Pote Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Like the transmog. For tweaks, my thought is that from a strictly aesthetic point of view the helm is too red for the outfit. It's close, but too bright and draws my attention from the rest. I feel like a darker black type helm would make it look more dark / sinister. If you want some bright red, go with the cloak. There's lots of bright red cloaks out now, so you don't have to go with the muted color there.

Cataclysmic of Prowess is what Im using and it wouldn't look bad with yours. Also, a few of the 397 cloaks would look kinda sick if you wanted to go the black direction with the cloak. The tank cloak comes to mind.

For weapon, go big! Bigger weapons draw more attention and the colors would pull your armor together better.
Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood would be near match to your armor.
Endbringer and Vengeful Gladiator's Greatsword would be cool also and easier to obtain.

Pote
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted) Empty Re: Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted)

Post  Keelhaul Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Love the blood elf version here. The warm hues of the BE skin meld much better than the cool hues of the troll skin with this set. Reds, reds, reds! Nice. The one thing that did intrigue me about the troll, though, was how well the hair is going with the rest of the outfit. But in the end, I do think the warmer hues of the BE skin tone are clicking better. Nice helm too.
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

http://www.deazeroth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Selkate Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:41 am

Hmm…you do have a point Keelhaul. There seems to be too much cool colors going on with my troll. I fell in love with the weapon and really wanted to dual wield it, but didn’t want to go red/gold because I felt it would be too Paladin like. I searched up and down and this seemed to be the best alternative. Now that you pointed out the obvious, I feel like I’m forcing a square into a round peg.

You’re right Pote. I should go searching for another brighter cloak. I think the color difference in the helm is more noticeable on Khongorzul than Dvorah. Again, I think it has to do with the cool colors.

I’ll take a look at the weapons you described. I’m really not interested in Ashkandi because it is used so often. I want to go for something a bit different and if it ends up on Dvorah I want to match the hair so the Massacre Sword might be better.

The interesting thing to note is that there is another deeper red hair tone that is on my troll warlock. While many fixate on the lack of variety on female troll faces, the wide variety of skin and hair colors get lost in the fray.

Selkate
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Keelhaul Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:11 pm

I like this wep choice because it also works well with the helm in terms of design. Both the sword and the helm have these sort of abrupt changes to their contours. The sword isn't one clean, continuous line and neither is the helm, really. It's minor, but a nice touch. That said, alternative weps could also be:

Nethersteel Claymore
Twinblade of the Phoenix
Merciless Gladiator's Greatsword
Endbringer
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

http://www.deazeroth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marrra Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Ok, my thoughts:

1. Go with the Blood Elf.
2. The shoulders don't match. True, they're part of the named set, but they're more of a dark grey/black and red where you have blue/purple and red in the rest. I'd go with Valonforth's Tarnished Pauldrons - the colours match great.
3. Helm is too red. Not entirely sure on a good match here, though if you're an engineer the Reinforced Bio-optic Killshades look great.
4. Again the cloak is slightly wrong. It has gold edging, which is found nowhere else in the outfit. Try the Avian Cloak of Feathers.
5. Weapon choices: Endbringer, Nethersteel Claymore, Blade of Misfortune, Gutrender

Khongorzul's Fury Transmog (help wanted) Mog_warrior01
Marrra
Marrra
Overlord
Overlord

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v185/marrra/Transmogging/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down