Disenchanting Azeroth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade

4 posters

Go down

Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade Empty Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade

Post  Neph Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Ok so I fell in love with this sword ever since the first time I saw it back in BC when Sunwell came out for whatever reason I thought it was the coolest. I still really enjoy the look it is fairly unique and I want to build a set around it but I have been coming up with nothing.

I tried working with the teal and purple using the Symbolic Plate but couldn't find a good shoulders/helm to go with it.

I tried more of a green with Fel Iron and using purple on the shoulders, but didn't like that either.

I am thinking that doing a blue base with just green and purple touches might work but can't seem to find anything that i really like.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Neph
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade Empty Re: Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade

Post  Keelhaul Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 pm

I think it depends heavily on the enchant you are using with it. It looks like enchants can simply overpower this model so green may not matter. What are you currently using?

-Keel
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

http://www.deazeroth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Neph Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Currently my raiding weapon has windwalk but if I were to mog the longblade I would drop the enchant because I want the weapon to show. I am vain enough to sacrifice the stats to look good in that area and would enchant it with whatever looked best, or not even anything at all to be honest.

Neph
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Keelhaul Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:37 am

Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade Tumblr_ld622btrCQ1qb6ivx
Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade Q09bn
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

http://www.deazeroth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeliel Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 pm

*jumps right in*

What race / gender? I'm guessing you're a shield tank, since you mentioned Windwalk. Something like this, perhaps?

(Note that if you're using Wowhead's Java model viewer, the shield will turn out much too bright - the Flash model viewer, on the other hand, is more faithful to the shield's color, but glows on the sword and shoulders will be less glowy or altogether nonexistent.)

If you're a race that doesn't display the foot part of the boot, I would actually recommend going "bootless" (by using a slipper-type boot model, like so), simply because I like the patterning on the legs, but YMMV.

Aeliel
Grunt Member
Grunt Member

http://dreamsofisorath.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Neph Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:32 am

LOL Keelhaul, awesome.

Sorry Aeliel i guess that is pertinent eh? ya prot warrior, I am male undead.

Interesting with the dragon themed armor, I had not thought to try that, bit of a darker colour scheme that I can appreciate for sure, I really do like those legs. I will play around with those pieces try and work purple into the equation somehow or maybe a blue. Thanks

Neph
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marrra Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:23 am

Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade Mog_plate_undead
Marrra
Marrra
Overlord
Overlord

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v185/marrra/Transmogging/

Back to top Go down

Post  Neph Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Marra, I am not a big fan of the helm just because the it has a more comical look to it. Those shoulders are nice though and do have the green glow to them, I actually was using the helm that matches those shoulders in my current attempts without realizing how well those shoulders went. The Cobalt set is interesting, it has the purples and the blues there that the sword has, the bronzy/brown is different but maybe it is going ok with my bones that are showing?

Also I am not really sold on the Illidari Runeshield, although the green is nice, something about that shield has always bugged me. Here are a few different looks using what you guys have thought up and then some of my own thinking. I think it is getting closer in some of these but still needs some work. This is a frustrating set to work on haha, but enjoyable at the same time.

Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade Wowscr15 Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade Wowscr16 Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade Wowscr17

So the first one there is using the pally tier 11 recolour and trying to play off the blue on the sword, but break it up with some dark purple across the middle (belt/gloves), the second and third are trying to go more with the green/black theme with a couple different looks.

Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade Wowscr18 Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade Wowscr19

Then we have a few looks with the cobalt set.

The shields are a bit different, the first one has the purple hue to it but with the steel colour as well where as the second is mostly green but if you look closely it does have some purple hidden in there as well. I do like the back breaker spaulders just because they have the purple bands around the steel spikes with a green glow and i like the way it all ties together in that one single peice. Not sure if I should try and work the blue in more though.

Neph
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum