Disenchanting Azeroth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Druid struggles

2 posters

Go down

Druid struggles Empty Druid struggles

Post  Timich Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Hello everyone, i'm a night elf(male) druid named Timich from The Sha'tar EU, thank you for checking out this thread. Collecting gear has always been a small hobby for me, but before Transmogrification it has mostly been focused on gear with unusual looks or effects. Since 4.3 i've had a lot of fun collecting some transmogrification gear from Old Raids, World drops and so on, but i've been struggling with leather sets, for some reason most pieces of leather gear don't seem as good to me as pieces belonging to other armor classes. Nevertheless , i keep looking for something that might catch my eye among the variety of leather gear in the game. Yesterday i've been checking out some pre-WoTLK armor sets(again) and stumbled upon Primalstrike set and BoEs with identical models, and tried to find some matching pieces for the set. I'd be very glad if you could look over my rough idea of a transmog set and maybe offer some critique/suggestions for improvement. I don't have the pieces on my character, so i've been using WoWhead Model Viewer. the link is : http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=29527:18308:29525:29131:15822:29526:45579:16898:13024:4335;39281;29996;2243
I'm particularly unsure of my choices for boots, weapons and shoulders, but i tried to do what i could. Thank you for your time

Timich
Grunt Member
Grunt Member

Back to top Go down

Druid struggles Empty Re: Druid struggles

Post  Neph Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:50 am

Hey i will agree with you Tim, I have found leather to be the hardest armor class to work with. The Primalstrike does have a nice distinctive look so I went with that and then added the Bonechewer Shoulderguards which may be tough to find as the model is only from a drop, this has the same royal purple and gold but then it adds the red into the equation which I think lets you become a little more flexible in your weapon choices and adds a little depth rather than the straight two tone purple and gold.

I think the Tier 7 set works really well with the Primal Strike so picked up those gloves and helm.

The boots I went minimal with just to show off the leggings a bit more Blessed Cenarion Boots are not perfect but i think they work alright.

Went with a straight red cape in the Butcher's Apron with some nice gold stitching (this might be a pain to farm though) to work with the red in the shoulders.

The weapons you have a lot of freedom with and can work around either the red, purple or the gold so it depends on preference.

Druid struggles Wowscr20

Just some personal thoughts that can stimulate your design.

Neph
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Druid struggles Empty Quest items

Post  Timich Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Neph, thank you very much for your ideas and suggestions, i like the set and the improvements a lot. What is, however, unfortunate, is that i'm not a leatherworker, as such i am unable to get the Primalstrike set. Nevertheless, there are items with dientical models, one for each piece, so i'll haave no problem with bracers/belt. Having completed the necessary Hellfire Peninsula quest a while ago though, i was stuck with no chest piece. Looking through some of leather chest models, i stumbled upon Footman's Tunic, a green reward from Hogger quest in Elwynn, and this will probably be the final piece of this transmog set for me, even though it's not as distinctive as the original. Thank you for your help:)

Timich
Grunt Member
Grunt Member

Back to top Go down

Druid struggles Empty Re: Druid struggles

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down