Disenchanting Azeroth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Men Wear Teal!

2 posters

Go down

Real Men Wear Teal! Empty Real Men Wear Teal!

Post  Pote Mon May 07, 2012 2:31 pm

So it started off with wanting to make use of H Backbreaker Spaulders since quite frankly, they're awesome... The problem however was the teal / grey / bone earth tone type colors that I had to pick up to match them. What I came up with is a blend of my favorite sets. Earthen / Relentless / H DK pieces. The outcome, I was quite pleased with. Granted, the grey / bone colors aren't 100% matches, they're close enough to be related. My major concern was the teals matching up correctly and I'd say they did fairly well. It's hard to tell from the screenshot below, but with the shoulders all lit up it matches the helm near perfectly. Going to probably try to stick with this one till I get the H Gurth (if Madness every drops something that's NOT No'Kaled) then I have a SICK purple set incoming.

What you all think? Thoughts / suggestions?

Real Men Wear Teal! PoteinTeal

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=60325:78465:40850:40790:78416:40810:78389:78487

Pote
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Real Men Wear Teal! Empty Re: Real Men Wear Teal!

Post  Starrxd Mon May 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Nice work making a fearsome teal set!

The first thing I thought of when I saw it is 'I wonder how Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds would look with that'

Original
-OR-
Extra Painful

p.s. I never got the archaeology version to proc for me during T11 content sadly, i did about 200 troll solves. April fool's day this year I was clearing Kalimdor sites for Tol'vir, and discovered the sword. Thanks for the personal April Fool's Joke Blizz!!!
Starrxd
Starrxd
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pote Mon May 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Trust me...I know. I was looking at the 2h Sword Page and I got a pit in my stomach seeing how perfect zin'rohk would go. Similiar to you, I tried to grind it via troll fragments back when 359 was still top tier. Result? 2000+ troll fragments and 30+ Keystones blown post level 450...no sword.

Rest assured...should I ever get it...I will use it, lol.

Pote
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Starrxd Mon May 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Just to give you an idea fragment-wise, I actually kept a spreadsheet of my troll solves and it works out to 8341 fragments worth of combines ( 238 combines total ) to obtain the troll sword for me personally.

I have other friends who did twice as much as that before they finally gave up >.<
Starrxd
Starrxd
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down