Disenchanting Azeroth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dvorah's Transmog

2 posters

Go down

Dvorah's Transmog Empty Dvorah's Transmog

Post  Selkate Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:16 am

Dvorah's Transmog 6983452069_2aa04be528
Dvorah front by Speed Buggy, on Flickr

Dvorah's Transmog 6983452153_b2419e379a
Dvorah side by Speed Buggy, on Flickr

Dvorah's Transmog 6983452119_4cf9f85cbf
Dvorah back by Speed Buggy, on Flickr

This is my protection paladin Dvorah’s transmog outfit. It took between two to three weeks to compile. There was sort of a game to Dvorah’s outfit. Since my warlock’s outfit is almost entirely bind on pick up, I wanted to create an auction house set. Everything had to be obtained on the auction house; recipes and Darkmoon quest items were okay as long as they were obtained on the auction house. No farming allowed. So this is what I came up with.

There was an evolution to Dvorah’s outfit. First I wanted Hyperion, but that was going to take some time to compile at the price I wanted. Being a transmog seller with five leveling characters means I can’t really spend as much as my customers if I can’t find it on the auction house for cheap. So it turned into Conqueror’s.

I found out about the Swiftsteel Shoulders and got the recipe for cheap. Luckily Dvorah is a blacksmith. I do agree with Keelhaul that they are hard to pair up with. So, first the Conqueror’s boots had to go because they weren’t chunky enough to help offset the shoulders and were replaced with Replica Lightforge Boots, which of course are purchased via the Darkmoon Faire. I bought some of the quest items for cheap. A happy surprise occurred though, notice the little circles engraved into the boots.

Thus, I decided that I would go with a circular theme to help match the Swiftsteel Shoulders. Discovered the Crimson Beholder Eye on the auction house for about ten gold and decided it might look interesting with the outfit. I had an Outland Shield set out but that had to go in favor of the Screaming Shield for its circle.

I quickly decided I didn’t like the Conqueror’s Belt, so I used a Commander’s Belt in an effort to match the red found on the bottom of the breastplate.

Now that I matched a pattern with the Swiftsteel Shoulders, I had to match it colorwise. I found a white cloak/cape called Zoe’s Comforting Cape, which is the same color and design as the Gossamer cloak and the famous Icy Cloak. Without the hair getting in the way, the white matches.

I loved the simple Axe Of Rin’ji and was happy that it matched fairly well. So I ended up with this:

Dvorah's Transmog 6906430103_a3ae382bc7
Dvorah Screaming Shield by Speed Buggy, on Flickr

Then I came across a Crystal Pulse Shield. It’s gold, the green matches her uncovered green eye, it shines like the circles in the Swiftsteel Shoulders, and on the inside it has a large light brown circle. Perfect!

I had a Hyperion belt and debated using it instead of the Commander’s belt. I decided that the colors matched a bit better than the Commander’s belt.

Dvorah is too tiny to wear her outfit, let alone transmog it. I have all of the pieces except for the Replica Lightforge Boots, which she can’t purchase yet (have to be level 55), but I do have the 55 tickets.

Head: Crimson Beholder Eye
Shoulders: Swiftsteel Shoulders (recipe bind on equip, shoulders are bind on pickup)
Chest: Conqueror’s Breastplate
Wrists: Conqueror’s Vambraces
Hands: Conqueror’s Gauntlets
Waist: Hyperion Girdle
Legs: Conqueror’s Legplates
Feet: Replica Lightforge Boots
Cloak: Zoe’s Comforting Cape
Weapon: Axe Of Rin’ji
Shield: Crystal Pulse Shield

Selkate
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Dvorah's Transmog Empty Re: Dvorah's Transmog

Post  Keelhaul Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Haha, the shoulders! We're starting to see them more and more at every show. It's begun to train my eye though to what really works with them. This is certainly en route and since there are so many gold items out there it's great because you can continue to mix and match with them to create a variety of looks and go with what you like the best.

Interesting pick for the goggles.
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

http://www.deazeroth.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum