Disenchanting Azeroth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliver-Thread and the priest

4 posters

Go down

Sliver-Thread and the priest Empty Sliver-Thread and the priest

Post  Walknbullseye Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Since my toon is a dude and I'm not all that big on dresses for dude, I have been looking for a look for my priest. I found the Sliver-Thread set. The problem was the shoulders just seemed BLAH. After hunting around and mixing and matching, I came up with...
Sliver-Thread and the priest AoxLQ6xCQAEdfmM back
Sliver-Thread and the priest AoxK8iNCMAA8pNl front
Now i know the OH needs some work but what does the collective think about the rest of the outfit? In all of the pics that the Mogfather has posted, I have yet to see the Sliver-Thread presented in such a way.

Walknbullseye
Grunt Member
Grunt Member

Back to top Go down

Sliver-Thread and the priest Empty Re: Sliver-Thread and the priest

Post  Neph Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Very nice set, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that you are using the Onyxia scale cloak, for sure one of my all time favorites and it works so well with the shoulders and the mainhand you have. If i could change one thing (aside from the off-hand as you have already mentioned) it would be the head slot.

I think the red is a little too bright to be working with what you have in the shoulders/cloak.

I think some good options are the Crown of Faith from the Tier 7 set. The color matches really with the blue clasps on the cloak.

Also the Circlet of Arcane Might matches that blue as well but is not quite as flashy as the halo from the tier set.

The Celestial Crown offers something a little different in a closer match with the silver lining of the outfit (but the blue isn't quite a perfect match)

Alternatively the Frostsavage Cowl is a closer match to the shoulders and the cloak and also has the dark grey of the silverthread.

Or if you want to go the purpely deep red route with a crown type then the Mooncloth Cowl is pretty nice.

Just some ideas from my personal taste. Love what you are doing with the outfit though, I think it is a great start and with a few more touches could really be fantastic.

Neph
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Keelhaul Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Wow this is tough. I did a similar thing on my warlock where the base of the look was one color (in your case the Silver-Thread black/white) but then the shoulders I wanted to use with it had a blend of that plus one additional color (violet). So from the front, I was one primary color, then the shoulders marked a transition point from the front to the back and I continued the violet on the back. I think to a degree you've done a similar approach here but extended the secondary color (red) into the weapons as well.

So my thoughts...

First off I think yours looks better than my attempt. Seeing the secondary color brought into the weapons definitely helps.

Secondly though, I think it's inherently still competing with the Silver-Thread.

That said, I like that you're trying to do something more with Silver-Thread. Simply going black/white is what EVERYONE does. If there is a way to evolve it into something different, perhaps it's not pairing it with a desaturated crimson red but rather something a bit more desaturated or darker red. This isn't going to be an easy search for sure. But I would love to see the Silver-Thread taken further and I think you're headed down an interesting path. I just think right now they're clashing a bit. But whereas mine was clashing at 80% yours is more like 30%. So you're way ahead of the game than I was. But still, nonetheless at 30%. But I think honing that secondary color you bring in to pair with the Silver-Thread could bring you to ground zero and you might come up with something that NONE of us have seen yet. And it could be amazing.

Keep at it! Keep us posted!

-Keel
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

http://www.deazeroth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Walknbullseye Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:09 am

Made a couple of changes. The OH is still not perfect. I think Orb of the First Satyrs is going to be the final piece to the puzzle.

Sliver-Thread and the priest Ao_CU9fCIAEvzk6

and maybe the belt needs a little work...

Walknbullseye
Grunt Member
Grunt Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Neph Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:10 pm

I like it, granted you are right the offhand is better, but not great. I do like tweaks to the helm.

As far as the belt goes, I actually like it, it is really close to the muted crimson the rest of the outfit has and sort of breaks up the silver and black throughout the main portion of the outfit.

Neph
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Keelhaul Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Sliver-Thread and the priest 6n9qT

I can see where the shoulders could work, given the linear elements they repeat from the chest and legs. I still think going with this red is forcing Silver-Thread to do something that it's not meant to do. This almost requires WoW Model Viewer, and sitting with the Silver-Thread pieces and cycling through shoulders and weapons that truly work with the Silver-Thread set.

If I have some time tonight I'll take a look.

-Keel
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dibface Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:14 pm

I tried to take a stab at finding some matching shoulders. Here is what I was able to come up with. I liked Soulstealer Mantle and Necropile Mantle the best. Also, I put in Mantle of Absolution cause they kind of work in an odd way, and they're very priest-y. A good weapon/offhand and cloak could compliment Mantle of Absolution and make it work with the rest of the set, I think. If you wanted to do that.

Anyway, I'm gonna check for 1h maces and offhands now.

Edit: Actually, I went back and did another pass of the shoulders and found something interesting that I think could really work.
Sliver-Thread and the priest RehRH
It still has the black/white that matches the Silver-Thread, but has a bit of red that matches the belt as well; which is what I think you were going for. The shoulders are Mantle of the Scarlet Crusade, and the link to the whole set is here.
Dibface
Dibface
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Keelhaul Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:28 am

Those shoulders are MUCH better, nice find Dib!
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Walknbullseye Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:23 pm

I think that I'm going to have to disagree with with you about the color of my shoulders in regards to the silver-thread set. I have noticed that if you look at the set on wowhead in the 3d viewer, I agree 100% with your comments about the set I have out together. Now if you look at the set IN GAME, it's another story completely. The silver thread set isn't JUST black and white. The 'panels' on the front on the chest and legs have an oh so subtle red hue that isn't really noticed unless you have something to bring out that hue. I was about to go with the same shoulders that have been presented in the previous posts but they were just too plain in design that the color was just too predictable for the set. I didn't want w set composed of primary colors.
Am I 100% happy with the set? Not yet. I'm still not happy with the head piece. While it DOES go better color wise with what I have, it doesn't flow with the set. I think it is too 'tall'. Maybe an eyepatch with do the trick. I'll just have to see how it looks ingame.
As for the shoulders, I think they work perfectly for what I'm trying to put together. A UNIQUE silver thread set that is not going to be seen everywhere.

Walknbullseye
Grunt Member
Grunt Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum