Disenchanting Azeroth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Everyone

2 posters

Go down

Hello Everyone Empty Hello Everyone

Post  Selkate Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Hmm...what do you want to know? I'm 27, a Californian, female, and a recent college graduate. I'm planning to go into medical 3D animation. This could mean everything from digital cadavers to demonstrations of the latest techniques. The school I went to was general 3D animation and just about everyone wanted to work for Blizzard or Pixar.

I started playing WoW in late November. The free 20 levels interested me. I got into gold making pretty quick because I couldn't afford netherweave bags and glyphs on my leveling two characters and didn't want to ask my guildmates constantly. I went from selling pets on the neutral auction house, selling limited supply vendor recipes on the regular auction house, and started selling transmog items in late January. Right now I am one of the dominant sellers on Skywall's horde. I'm trying to bring WoW Factor to my server faction as sort of a thank you for all of the sales. I am right now seeking pledges and donations. Technically, I have the 100,000, but I'm waiting for a good chunk of it.

One of the little perks of the transmog business is that I have some outfits for my characters. Sadly, I don't play too often and so they are all still leveling and aren't big enough to wear them yet. I collect dolls in real life. I like porcelain dolls, Monster High, PVC figures, and Jem. Thus, I find critics accusing us of being into digital Barbies a bit amusing. I fail to see anything wrong with that.

I have four cats and love cartoons. American, Japanese, Russian, I just love animation. I'm having a computer be built for me so I can work on my demo reel. Without it I can't get a job. Once I get that complete (it will take at least six months), I'll be looking to start my new career.

The one thing that I really like about transmog, is that up until now most people didn't take the time to enjoy the art design of the game. I can tell you that each of those pieces take a lot of time to draw, model, skin, and texture. It's great that these artists work are getting attention.

Selkate
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Post  Keelhaul Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Love this post, welcome! You're right, the magnifying glass is out on all the artwork these designers have created and it's introduced an entirely new layer to the game that has captivated a broad population of players in WoW. So cool.

Keep us posted on Skywall! Once we get the livestreaming up to speed I suspect we'll be able to hop out to a realm much more quickly! Right now we're having to spread it out to about one a week just so we can manage all the video, audio, blogging, etc. that goes with each show. But go go!!!

Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

http://www.deazeroth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Selkate Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:55 am

Sigh, scratch that funding. The guy thought I was joking. I get mixed signals like that sometimes.

Also, I'm seeing transmog runs advertised in trade chat and a little argument popped up about the artistic merits of Bulwalk of Azzinoth (someone complained that no one would run Black Temple because the items were ugly). Makes me think there is certainly a demand. I look forward to hearing about your note from Blizzard.

I may have to pull out an open call for pledges and donations on these forums if that's okay. I might decide to sweeten the pot by adding a Blizzard store pet to the mix, but I'm not sure I have that money to spend. I'm doing what I can here.

Selkate
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum