Disenchanting Azeroth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge Mode Armor Set Previews!

5 posters

Go down

Challenge Mode Armor Set Previews! Empty Challenge Mode Armor Set Previews!

Post  Dibface Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:57 am

Courtesy of MMO-Champion. The images are waaaay too big to actually post, so you'll just have to click the link.

As the title states, we've got a preview of some Challenge Mode sets. Look at em! They really stepped up the level of quality for these. So far they all look really good.

The Deathknight Set is interesting. It looks like a non-typical DK set, but it works all the same. Might just be the color choice though. Actually, that's probably exactly it. And I like that it's not smothered in black or other GRIMDARK colors.

My personal favorite is the Paladin set though. Oh my god. I was already taken aback by the Season 11 pvp set, but this just amps it up to 11. ...wait a tic. Anyways just look at this thing. LOOK AT IT. Tell me that's not the most incredible set you've seen. Go on, I dare you.

I hope these are indicative of the quality level we can expect from sets in MoP.
Dibface
Dibface
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Challenge Mode Armor Set Previews! Empty Re: Challenge Mode Armor Set Previews!

Post  ichi Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:12 am

Ok, as a die-hard priest I can't say I'm a fan of the direction the priest set is going. My reaction would be neutral (maybe slightly positive) without the helm but there's nothing appealing about that strange half-turban thing which pushes my reaction to negative. The shoulder design pushes it back towards neutral again slightly. I'm happy that they're not nearly as large as the rest of designs and very proportional. I would have loved for some asymmetry brought into the game as seen on several sets and no, the ribbon on the turban doesn't count.

I really like the rest of them - even though the rogue set looks very bulky for a rogue set and the paladin one has swords and daggers aimed to pierce their bits. The last thing that bothers me is that the hunter and rogue set share the shoulder and belt buckle design at least in idea. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with 11 different oriental-influenced themes without recycling dragons on several classes.

ichi
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Keelhaul Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:58 pm

I need to take a closer look at these, but at first glance I thought the same thing Dib - with the Paladin they picked up right where they left off. Looks brilliant.
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

http://www.deazeroth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marrra Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:46 am

I dunno. I just checked them out and overall I went ... 'Meh.'
I'll have to see if they grow on me.
Marrra
Marrra
Overlord
Overlord

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v185/marrra/Transmogging/

Back to top Go down

Post  Neph Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:23 am

The sad thing is while in BC every set was pretty awesome, now it seems like each tier there are 2 or 3 nice sets and the rest are kinda meh. I am digging the druid and the DK, but for me the rest are not really doing it for me.

Neph
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum