Disenchanting Azeroth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pote Dragon Arms Transmog: Need Tweaks

4 posters

Go down

Pote Dragon Arms Transmog:  Need Tweaks Empty Pote Dragon Arms Transmog: Need Tweaks

Post  Pote Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:53 pm

This is my first foray onto this forum, and ironically it started with the shoulders. I really liked how they looked and wanted to build a set around them. Fortunately, in a rare bit of luck, both the axe and legs dropped that night as well. The rest became just building around it.

I'm mostly looking to tweak the chest, belt, cloak. I like the gloves, helm, boots portion as well as the legs / shoulders / weapon.

Here's a direct link into the pieces:
Pote Dragon Transmog

Weapon: Draconic Avenger
Helm: Colossal Dragonplate Helm
Cloak: Cataclysmic Gladiator's Cloak of Prowess
Shoulders: Blood-Stained Pauldrons
Chest: Heartshatter Breastplate
Gloves: Colossal Dragonplate Handguards
Waist: Forgesmelter Waistplate
Legs: Legguards of Endless Rage
Feet: Bladeshatter Treads

Pote Dragon Arms Transmog:  Need Tweaks PoteTransmog

Pote
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Pote Dragon Arms Transmog:  Need Tweaks Empty Re: Pote Dragon Arms Transmog: Need Tweaks

Post  Keelhaul Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Wow, this is really interesting. There are a lot of things converging at once, but it's starting to work! I think the body of the Orc is actually helping you here as well which is intriguing to see. The weapon is a nice choice as well!
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

http://www.deazeroth.com

Back to top Go down

Pote Dragon Arms Transmog:  Need Tweaks Empty Re: Pote Dragon Arms Transmog: Need Tweaks

Post  Pote Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Changed the belt to the skin from:
Bloodfist Girdle, matches the weapon better. Also, the legs / chest work better on my actual toon b/c of our guild tabard.

Pote Armory for New Belt

Pote
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Neph Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Oh a fellow Tichondrian, how are ya Pote.

I like the direction of the set, my issue with it I think is in the reds. There are so many reds going on in this set and they all are in different hues, from the cloak, to the axe, to the shoulders to the T13 set, they are all slightly different. I think if you could tinker with some of the pieces (maybe the back and shoulders) to bring some of those reds in line.

The set still looks great mind you, but if you are looking to tinker that would be my suggestion. The cape for sure would do a lot even going with something more gold or browny/bronze to accent the axe or the Tier coloration.

Neph
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pote Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Thanks for input. I'll definitely be looking at replacing the cape. I also did replace the belt, though for some reason my armor isn't loading it now. Shoulders will likely stay despite the fact they're not exact matches. It actually pulls together better in game than in the generator. Also, the guild tabard adjusts some of the hue errors with the chest / legs.

Still a work in process though for sure.

Pote
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marrra Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:58 pm

I think with those shoulders you want to go with Commander's Boots and Gauntlets. The colours match better.
I'd choose Goblin Girdle for the belt.
For the cloak, definitely try Pride of the Demon Lord.
I'm uncertain about the helm.
Marrra
Marrra
Overlord
Overlord

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v185/marrra/Transmogging/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pote Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks Marra I will check them out in the wowhead deal and check it out.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=19354:30866:30903:77171:77186:32365:76983:76989:73494#.

Weapon: Draconic Avenger
Helm: TBD
Cloak: Pride of the Demon Lord
Shoulders: Blood-Stained Pauldrons
Chest: Hyperion Armor
Gloves: Commander's Gauntlets
Waist: Bloodfist Girdle
Legs: Hyperion Legplates
Feet: Commander's Boots

VERY
happy with how this has turned out thus far, though not sure about the chest yet. Might be took start a contract from the shoulders.

Pote Dragon Arms Transmog:  Need Tweaks PoteTransmogv2

Pote
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pote Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Another option:

Changed to Commander's Chest / Girdle

Pote Dragon Arms Transmog:  Need Tweaks PoteTransmogv3

Pote
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down