Disenchanting Azeroth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Feedback & Suggestions!

+3
Elvine
Marrra
Keelhaul
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forum Feedback & Suggestions! - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum Feedback & Suggestions!

Post  Marrra Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:17 pm

The Paladin forum info post isn't stickied - just thought I'd let you know Smile
Marrra
Marrra
Overlord
Overlord

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v185/marrra/Transmogging/

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:25 am

I get that class specific forums are needed but why not have cloth, leather, mail and plate forums (maybe with class forums as subforums of those)? I have a couple of topics in mind but they're not class specific, just armor class specific.

ichi
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marrra Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:15 am

ichi wrote:I get that class specific forums are needed but why not have cloth, leather, mail and plate forums (maybe with class forums as subforums of those)? I have a couple of topics in mind but they're not class specific, just armor class specific.
Usually if someone is posting about an item for an outfit, they have a class in mind to put it on. *shrugs* What kind of topics did you have in mind?
Marrra
Marrra
Overlord
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:24 am

Marrra wrote:Usually if someone is posting about an item for an outfit, they have a class in mind to put it on. *shrugs* What kind of topics did you have in mind?

Well, I could use some perspective on some sets I'm working on - yes, they're for one class (priest) but they don't include class specific items. The sets are as applicable to a mage or warlock. There may even be some locks or mages who'd like the set but would be unlikely to venture into the priest subforum.

Armor class specific subforums would mean more exposure for stuff that could be used by everyone of that armor class.

ichi
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Keelhaul Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:38 pm

This is a good point and all the conversation thus far is very revealing. Players' looks are being driven by one of the following, and need to have a place to talk it up that is specific to their situation:

- Class
- Weapon type
- Armor type

So if it's your polearm you really want to talk about, there should be a Polearms forum within a Weapons category. But if it's your cloth armor that you want to make available to cloth wearers, then it would be most easily discovered in a cloth forum within the Armor category. Need some ideas and you're bound by the limits of a Paladin? Then you might want to check the Paladin forum under the Class category.

It would be an immense dewy decimal system and would need to be managed effectively (visually), and there would be dead forums for weeks until things got populated. But logically it makes sense.

So I would ask what's more important at this stage, active conversations in a localized set of forums or having the forum structure dropped into its ideal state now with the population of members only just starting to take off. I worry it's a bit like building an entire city of homes before we've even filled a single street with home buyers.

But I could be convinced either way, and Elvine and I will talk Friday in Atlanta about possible structure whichever way we go.

Great input!!!
-Keel
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

http://www.deazeroth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marrra Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:26 pm

The problem with separating things too much is - what happens when your post encompasses more than just one topic? Say, it begins as a talk on robes but then evolves into which staff best goes with the selections? People interested in staffs would probably want to know as well, but wouldn't look in the robes thread for that. But I know (and I'm sure others do) that not every robe/polearm/etc is class specific, so wouldn't limit my browsing to just one forum for it. *shrugs*
Marrra
Marrra
Overlord
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Instead of a transmogrification forum with class subforums I envision armor class forums with class subforums, like:

Cloth
    Mage
    Priest
    Warlock

Leather
    Druid
    Rogue

etc...

and all weapon types separately below that.

ichi
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjorn9486 Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:16 am

ichi wrote:Instead of a transmogrification forum with class subforums I envision armor class forums with class subforums, like:

Cloth
    Mage
    Priest
    Warlock
So we could post in the "Cloth" forum as well as the "Mage" , "Priest" and "Warlock" forum?

Bjorn9486
Captain Member
Captain Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:20 am

Bjorn9486 wrote:So we could post in the "Cloth" forum as well as the "Mage" , "Priest" and "Warlock" forum?

Yes, that's my plan!

ichi
Ornate Member
Ornate Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Keelhaul Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:09 pm

It's going to stay general for the time being. We'll evolve it over time, there are plans in the works with colleagues Smile
Keelhaul
Keelhaul
Admin

http://www.deazeroth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2